We are open - safety is our top priority!
Enjoy the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening in Union
Over time, your teeth can become dingy and discolored by smoking, the foods and beverages you consume on a daily basis, and age, which can add years to your smile. It is possible to have a bright, sparkling smile again with our teeth whitening services. The process is fast, effective, and convenient. If you are tired of living with yellow, stained teeth, call today to schedule a consultation with our teeth bleaching dentist.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening?
We offer in-office teeth whitening, which is also known as chairside whitening or power bleaching. The products we use are highly concentrated and designed to produce results that are more immediate and dramatic than those possible with over-the-counter products. Our dentists have extensive experience performing the teeth whitening procedure and will carefully monitor the entire process to ensure that it is safe and painless.
Can Teeth Whitening Procedures Remove All Types of Stains?
Professional whitening products are effective on tooth enamel stained by smoking and the long-term consumption of foods and beverages, such as coffee, tea, and red wine. There are certain types of discoloration, however, that do not respond to the teeth whitening procedure, including:
- Stains caused by tetracycline
- Stains caused by decay, defective fillings, or other issues deep within the tooth structure
- Stains on crowns, veneers, and other restoration materials
What Can I Expect When Seeing a Teeth Bleaching Dentist?
During your initial consultation, our dentist will examine your teeth to determine the underlying cause of the discoloration and ensure that you are a candidate for the teeth whitening procedure. Your dentist will then work with you to find the whitening solution that will produce the best results for you.
The steps of the actual whitening process can vary based on the particular system used; however, the following is an overview of the typical procedure:
- The dentist will begin by examining and cleaning your teeth.
- The dentist may take photos to determine your baseline tooth shade and monitor the effect of the bleaching procedure.
- A cheek retractor may be used so that the dentist can access the teeth.
- A special liquid is applied to your gums to protect them during the procedure.
- A coating of the bleaching gel is applied to the teeth and left in place for the predetermined amount of time before being removed. Depending on your situation, the dentist may have to apply several coats of the bleaching gel to obtain the desired results.
- With some bleaching systems, the dentist will use a special light to enhance the results.
- After the final coat of bleaching gel, the dentist will assess the level of whitening and may recommend additional in-office or at-home treatments.
Call today for more information about our whitening services.
Is It Safe to Perform Teeth Whitening at Home?
We do offer professional-grade whitening kits designed for use at home. These products are safe and effective as long as you follow the directions provided by your dentist. Our at-home teeth whitening kits come with custom-fitted whitening trays and professional-grade whitening gel. Most patients are able to lighten their teeth by up to six shades in as little as two weeks by wearing the trays for one hour every day.
What Is the Difference Between Professional and Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening Products?
There is a wide range of over-the-counter teeth whitening options, including gels, strips, trays, toothpastes, and rinses. These products may provide some improvement by removing superficial stains; however, they do not have the strength to provide the type of lasting, dramatic results available with professional products. Over-the-counter products frequently provide uneven results and can even cause gum irritation if used incorrectly. Our whitening services provide reliable results and eliminate user errors.
How Much Does Teeth Bleaching Cost?
The cost of our in-office and at-home teeth whitening procedures vary from patient to patient. Your final cost will be based on a number of factors, including:
- The type of system used
- The number of treatments required
- Any follow-up treatments that may be required
- Additional services needed to correct the color of restoration materials
We will provide you with an estimate of your cost and discuss your payment options once our dentist has assessed your unique dental needs. Call today to schedule your consultation.
How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last?
Professional teeth bleaching can last anywhere from two to 10 years depending on the patient. Your results will last longer if you practice good oral hygiene, have regular dental cleanings, avoid smoking, and limit your consumption of foods and beverages that can stain the teeth.
How Can I Find Out More About Teeth Whitening in Union?
If you are ready to enjoy a brighter, more youthful smile, call our office today to learn more about our cosmetic dental whitening services.