We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: May 9, 2016
How to Handle Chipped Teeth
Anyone can experience a chipped tooth, so don’t be alarmed if it happens to you. Luckily, chipped teeth can be easily repaired by your family dentist. But the type of treatment depends on the damage, so learn what you may expect and experience if you suffer a chipped tooth.
Common Causes of Chipped Teeth
This type of dental damage can be caused by a variety of conditions and circumstances. No matter what the cause, you should see an affordable dentist right away to fix the chip and prevent the problem from worsening. The usual reasons include:
- Biting down very hard on food or a solid object
- Falling down and injuring your mouth
- An injury or accident from sports or daily activities
- Suffering trauma to the face, mouth, or jaw
- Cavities from badly decayed teeth
Treating a Chipped Tooth
Some chips are rarely painful and cause teeth to be sensitive, while others cause little or no discomfort. Regardless of the reason for the chip, you need to be examined and treated by an affordable dentist immediately to protect your dental health. The type of treatment advised for chipped teeth will be based on the severity of the problem and degree of dental damage.
- Tiny Chips – If you have a small chip in your tooth enamel, your family dentist will usually just polish the tooth to smooth the chipped enamel.
- Moderate Chips – If you experience some damage to the tooth enamel, your family dentist will probably place a crown over the tooth to improve its appearance and protect the tooth.
- Severe Chips – Badly chipped teeth are likely to have the sensitive nerve exposed, which can make them very painful. They typically require a root canal and a crown.
Remember that any type of chip can worsen without treatment, so you must see an affordable dentist to repair the damage and prevent later problems.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Union, call American Dental Center today at (908) 279-0623 or make an appointment.
American Dental Center offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Union. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At American Dental Center, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at American Dental Center.